Women in the law uk held their first sold out annual conference. Now with over 6000 members. Focusing on well being, career development professional development through its Masterclasses, charter, research, podcast, Delegates fought the floods and train delays from as far as London, Cardiff, Swansea Edinburgh Leeds and Sheffield just to attend the #womeninthelawukconference to attend a sold out conference. Sponsored by Quilter Cheviot, Skills Sanctuary, Khiels goody bags, Realm Recruitment and stands form Hannah Beko coaching, realm and The Legal Director.
The day was hosted by Dla piper global law firm who are Corporate members and associated with our work. The Theme was empowering the delegates to do what they do best. consisting of mainly solicitors and barristers and some judges. Men and women. Tanni Grey Thompson Olympian and Sally Penni have aN inspiring speech.
The day was brilliant MC by @Claire Marie Boggiano. Expert in Change management. With goal at the beginning reflection at the end.
One woman said the best part was Sally Penni’s keynote speach at the beginning of the day with her 7 tips and advice for empowering yourself to do what you do best.
Also guest speaking followed by W and A was Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson 11 gold medal Olympic champion. How many of us can say we met an Olympian?
Delegates were treated to a host of topics such as how to stop burn out, how to stop your imposter syndrome, how to network for business. Career development, business skills for lawyers, goal setting to what lawyers can learn from business leaders by Vimto Marnie
Next years conference is already set
13 March – #futurewomenintnelawuk focusing on #futureleaders #
19 March 2020 – Annual dinner in Manchester
With Guest speaker Sally Lyndsey
19 November 2020 at DLA PIPPER in #Manchester 10-4pm
Thank you to all the women in the law uk ambassadors.
Jodi hill for attending!
Thank you to everyone especially the great Great speakers
1. DLA piper MARIA pareira
2. Sally Penni Barrister at Law Kenworthys chambers crime and employment law
3. Baroness Dame Tanni Grey Thompson DBE, keynote speaker
4. Nikki Alderson on Goal setting, executive coach ex Barrister author of raising the Bar,
5. Janine esbrand you are your brand How to build your brand.
6. Janette Brimm, skills Santuary buainess skills for lawyers
7. Sue tonks, networking for business
8. Mark Angus Diveraity Jusge, becoming a Judge.
9. Dr Marnie Millard OBE CEO of Nicholls PlC – Vimto what can lawyers learn from
Inspiring business leaders .
10. Nik White, Managing Partner, Brabners LLP on advice for career development
11. Elizabeth Rimmer from LawCare on wellbeing
12. Kate Dodd – Pinset Mason, Beating imposter syndrome
13. Penny Haslam, how to make yourself a little bit famous and build BD
14. Amanda brown – on Love not fear. Taking the leap with confidence.
15. Scarlett Cole, Author a different look at career progression . Former VP of a $42 billion dollar company. Gave it up to write romance novels and books. Empowerment at its best
16. Claire Marie Boggiano MC
17. Kama Melly QC Hiw I became a QC and Then a Pt Jusge Recorder,
18. Music at networking Drinks reception by Edel Robertson voice of an Angel.